February Social Media Content Ideas For Food & Wine Bloggers (includes free templates!)
Real talk: Without creativity, your content marketing and Instagram engagement is going to fall flat. So it’s no surprise that one of the questions I often get from food and wine bloggers is how to post interesting, engaging, and inspiring content on a regular basis. If you haven’t already read about my 7-step approach for creating a content calendar, check it out here!
I’ve created this post solely dedicated to all the post ideas, content inspiration, and FREE templates you need to get ahead of your content calendar this February. In this guide you will see:
- Known holidays we all love!
- The wacky & unusual holidays… because why not!?
- Inspirational quotes to get your audience motivated!
- Free downloadable templates to bring your content and stories to life!
And don’t forget to use my 7-step approach for ensuring that your creative content links back to your vision, purpose, & strategy.
- Bubble Gum Day
- This day was started in 2006 by Author Ruth Spiro to celebrate education, philanthropy, and bubble gum.
- Ice cream for breakfast day
- Yup, this is real. The first Sunday of February is also known as Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. It is thought that the unofficial holiday was first created in the 1960s by Florence Rappaport in Rochester, New York as a way to entertain her children on a cold and snowy morning.
- Crepe day
- Ask your followers: Sweet Or Savory?
- Tator Tot Day
- What do Tator Tots remind you of? For me, its Tator Tot hot dish, which is a dead giveaway that I’m from Minnesota. If you haven’t heard of it, do me a favor and Google it (because: carbs and cheese).
- National Carrot Cake Day
- I’ll be honest, I grew up thinking that carrot cake would be disgusting because I hate carrots. Glad I finally gave in to trying it because its the BEST THING since chocolate chip cookies. Do you love carrot cake?
- Super Bowl Sunday
- AKA National beer and appetizers day! Make a quick and easy appetizer guide, apps&beer, or apps&wine pairing guide for super bowl parties.
- Homemade Soup Day
- With the freezing weather this last week, this couldn’t come at a better time. Share a soup recipe that gives you the warm fuzzies. Mine is always chicken noodle.
- World Nutella Day
- In my opinion, this hazelnut spread deserves an entire month. Share all your favorite ways to eat Nutella – or suggest some Nutella & wine pairings!
- National Chocolate Fondue day
- What’s your favorite food to dip in chocolate fondue?
- National Frozen Yogurt Day
- Most importantly: what’re your favorite toppings?
- Some people like to call it hump day, but I like to call it #winewednesday
- Fettuccine Alfredo Day
- “Life is a combination of magic and pasta” – Federico Fellini
- Send a card to a friend day
- Share a “virtual card” in stories and share some reasons why you’re grateful for friendships
- National No One Eats Alone Day
- Created and organized by students, its a day that teaches people to make friends at lunch. Tell a story about what you remember from middle or high school lunches.
- Pizza Pie Day
- Ask: What’s your favorite pizza topping? Do it through your “ask a question” story surveys and share the answers!
- Chocolate Day
- How can it be possible that both chocolate and pizza day are the same? Highlight both and ask which one your followers prefer (chocolate vs. pizza)
- National Cream Cheese Brownie Day
- Ask: Do you make brownies from scratch or prefer going with the boxed version?
- National Make A Friend Day
- Introduce yourself to someone you’ve never spoken to before! You never know, maybe it’ll turn into a friendship.
- #TacoTuesday , anyone?
- Nothing ruins your Friday more than realizing its only Tuesday. Why not make it a taco Tuesday to spice things up a little?
- Galentines Day
- Also known as “wine and cheese night” as far as Im concerned. Share some wine & cheese board inspiration. Ask your followers to tag their girlfriends for Galentines day
- Valentines Day
- Share a romantic dinner and wine night idea, ask your followers to share their love stories, post 5 “hot date” ideas
- Singles Awareness Day
- Also happens to be a Friday – share you favorite drink recipe
- National Almond Day
- Fun Fact: 8 out of every 10 almonds in the world comes out of California* – Who incorporates almonds into their diet on a regular basis?
- Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Encourage your followers to do something nice for someone! Write a note on a post-it to your loved one or pay for the order behind you in the Drive-Thru (for a few ideas).
- National Drink Wine Day
- Don’t have to tell me twice! Tag a friend who you’ll be opening a bottle of wine with for the holiday!
- National Chocolate Mint Day
- I’m personally a big “mint chip” ice cream and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie fan. Ask your followers if they like the chocolate mint combo.
- Love your pet day
- People love pet photos! Give a shout out to your pet, share a pic, and tell us why you love ’em!
- Cherry Pie Day
- Also known as “a great American dish”. Stop into your favorite bakery and try it out!
- Sticky Bun Day
- I’m on board for anything that can be served as breakfast or dessert. AKA monkey bread or cinnamon rolls.
- National Margarita Day
- Known to be the most common tequila drink in the United States. Share your favorite place to drink a Margarita and use #NationalMargaritaDay on social media.
- National Toast Day
- Where my toast lovers at? Ask your followers if they have favorite toast topping or cafe that serves good toast! There’s a cafe called “The Mill” in San Francisco that deserves all the attention on this holiday because they make THE BEST toast.
- Open That Bottle Night
- Celebrated every last Saturday of February, thousands of bottles of wine around the world are finally opened and enjoyed with family and friends.
- Tortilla Chip Day
- When I hear tortilla chip, my mind instantly goes to “guacamole”. Whats your favorite tortilla chip dip?
- Oscar Night!
- Post about “award-winning” champagne in honor of Oscars night!
- Lets All Eat Right Day
- Share a full day’s worth of healthy meals along with the recipes. Follow your own meal plan and tag it with #LetsAllEatRightDay
- Pistachio Day
- In China, people call pistachios the “happy nut”. Do you have a recipe that calls for pistachios?
- National strawberry day
- Do a game of “this or that” on your stories with different strawberry-themed foods / drinks (Ex. Strawberry Shortcake OR Strawberry Mojito, Chocolate Covered Strawberry OR Strawberries with Whipped Cream etc.)
- National Chili Day
- Share an easy crockpot chili recipe, or a chili recipe with a “secret ingredient”
*Fact credited to Best Health Mag